Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years' Eve

New Year's Eve was a big day in Casey's life.  He finally got some deer horns on the wall of our home.  Yep, I let him hang the horns. I grew up with deer horns in my home, so I don't have a problem with them.  Up to this point, however, Casey hasn't ever had any that he liked enough to display.  


We also hung Casey's new display case.  Isn't it pretty?


Our New Years' Eve dinner was pretty atypical. In the spirit of hanging the deer horns and deer season finally being over, I decided to make a deer steak dinner.  Fried deer steak, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, and biscuits.  Nothing even remotely healthy.  At all. 


But, boy was it GOOD!!!


Lindsay, Tom, and Joshua came over to hang out. She brougth the snacks for us.  Yummy sausage balls and brownies. 

Samuel went to bed at his typical 7:30(well, we may have let him stay up til 8:00) so when Joshua started to get sleepy, we pulled out the books and did some bedtime reading. 


My hope for everyone is that 2011 is a good year.  2010 started out pretty rough for us, but got better as it went.  I hope God continues to bless us.  

No comments: