Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My first

For years, I've been making fun of my friends who read blogs.  I mean, come one, reading about someone you don't even know. Sad.  Very Sad. 

But now, I'm hooked.  I have a friend who posted a link last year that I read then just started following all of her links and found several that I read every day.  I know.  Crow sandwiches don't taste good. 

So I guess you need a little info about our family: 

I'm Vanessa, the mom. I grew up in Hope, then went to college at CBC and UCA. I taught in Little Rock for 2 years before moving back home to find a better school.  I found it at Prescott Elementary.  I taught there for 2 years when a co-worker set me up on a blind date with her brother, Casey. 

We married in 2005 and I moved back to LR.  I am now a Reading Recovery teacher at Martin Luther King Magnet with LRSD.  Reading Recovery is a form of teaching for struggling 1st graders. Very intense, but very beneficial. 

So, basically I'm still a nerd who loves to read. 

Now to Casey:  he grew up in Prescott, went to college at Henderson and is an auditor or GE Commercial.  He's actually out doing a repo today.  He's not always popular at his job.  He works from our home and travels every day doing audits. 

He's a hunter and an outdoorsman at heart.  He hopes to find land for us someday to move to the Benton/Bryant area.

Now for Samuel: the biggest joy of our lives.  He was born in January 2009 and has kept us busy since that day.  He is almost 2, full of energy and sass.  He doesn't talk very clearly yet, but that's probably a good thing.  I'm pretty sure he talks back A LOT! 

I have no idea how to post pictures yet, but trust me, there'll be plenty when I figure it out.  I don't have a great camera, but I still snap lots of pictures. 

My goal is to update this really often, probably not everyday, but often. 

1 comment:

J said...

I am so proud of you for starting a blog!!! See, there is nothing wrong with reading blogs! I'm so glad you are eating that crow sandwich. =D