Friday, February 4, 2011

Unexpected Snow Day

Well, today did not turn out like I had planned.  I got a text at 5:30 this morning saying, "Snow Day!" I instantly replied with, "Seriously?" It wasn't even snowing.  I turned my alarm off and fell back to sleep until 7ish when Samuel woke us all up. 

Samuel and I, and the rest of the nuts in LR, headed to Kroger.  It took us 10 minutes to get the 10 things we needed, then we stood in line.  FOREVER! 


Samuel was soooooo good. The whole time.  I did crack open one of our snack boxes and let him have some cookies, after about 30 minutes in line. 


When we got home, I let him run in the newly falling snow.  Yep, those are pajamas.  I figured those were as warm as some jeans and a shirt. 


When we got inside, he helped me put the groceries away.  So strong! 


Then he was pooped.  We did some chilling in the bedroom. 


Then we got the call.  He had a follow up ENT visit at Children's at 2:00.  They called aroung 10:30 to ask if we could come early, since the roads were getting scary.  So we left the house in about 5 minutes.  I packed a cup of milk and a little snack thinking we would be there for about an hour, then we could swing through somewhere and get some fast food for lunch.

WRONG! 

We got to the clinic, checked in, filled out all the paperwork, and headed to the ENT waiting room.  Only to be told that Dr. Hartzell was still in surgery.  FOR ANOTHER HOUR! They suggested we go to the cafeteria and eat lunch.  Have you ever handled a 2 yr old, a purse, a diaper bag, 2 coats, and some lunch in a line filled with people?  Me either!  And I wasn't going to start today. 

So we found a corner table and ate our snack and watched some Caillou on the iPhone. 


That got old after about 30 minutes, so we headed back to the ENT's office to hang out.  Closed doors really help corral a kid.  :)

Samuel was so good in that little holding pen, I mean exam room.


My friend, Emily, works there and came to help entertain Samuel.  The kid is so comfortable with ear exams, he knew what to do with the thingy.


Still waiting...


About 1:15(remember, we got the call at 10:30!) we finally saw Dr. Hartzell.  Everything looked so good. He does have an ear infection(he's just gonna be an ear kid-like him mommy), but because he has the tubes, the medicine is working really well and they are healing super fast. 

We made the drive back and got home to find Casey cooking this!  His Bachelor Stew.  A delicious mixture of sausage, smoked sausage, yummy spices, and lots of veggies. 


After naptime, we took Samuel out to play in the pitiful little bit of snow we got. 

He had a good time throwing snowballs at us. 


Casey showed him how to eat snow(we had to gather it for him.) He'd take a bite and say, "Oosh" and then "Yumm"


Look at the bottom of his boots.  When he would walk, the snow would cake up and get thicker and thicker.  We'd finally have to knock it off for him when he would get wobbly. 


After coming inside, Samuel and Casey just played and watched TV and had a good ole' time.

I went to our guest room and worked on Rhea Lana stuff.  Look at these piles.  They look messy, but they are sorted by size and then in those stacks, by outfit pairings or bundles.  You can't even see all of the toys at the foot of the bed in the Rubbermaids. 


This snow day was a little excessive, but I sure did enjoy it.  Ask me in June, and I'll probably have a different attitude.  Expecially since we are expecting lots more snow next week.

No comments: