Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snow-mageddon aka. Wed, Feb 9

My friend, Shannah, came down Tuesday night before the great Snow-mageddon hit us.  She brought this pizza for us to eat Wednesday at lunch. 

Did you notice how my first picture was of food.   We had enough food for 10 people to be snowed in for a month.  I didn't take pictures of the cookies, muffins, chips, dips, cokes, etc... :-)


Shannah went out and took a bunch of pictures of the snow.  Look at these!  It looks like we live in CO!  I can't get over them! 



This is looking down Markham toward Park Plaza.  In the 6 years we've lived here, there's never been a moment where there wasn't at least ONE car.  It was absolutely deserted. 


Darn it!  I can't get these pictures to turn the right way, but this is what Shannah and I did during Samuel's nap time.  Scrapbooking!  I am making a small scrapbook/color book for Samuel and I needed to finish Samuel's 2nd year scrapbook I started. 



When Samuel woke up from his nap, he insisted on me letting him eat his snack in his high chair.  He was very insistent!


When the snow finally slowed down, I took this pic of the side of the pool. We think we got about 7 inches. 


We didn't go play outside during this first snow day.  It was just too darn cold and the snow blowing around would have been hard on Samuel.  AND we had finally gotten his nose to stop running. 


For dinner, I fried pork chops.  I'm a pretty darn good fryer, if I do say so myself. 


While I cooked, Samuel and Casey played.  Look at Samuel's pants.  We've had to move him up to 2T pants, so they'll be long enough.  However, he's so stinkin skinny, they fall down all the time.  We've got a few pair with the adjustable waist, but not many. 


Right before bedtime, he was just hanging out with us. 

No comments: