Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day #1


I feel like I should warn you. This post has a lot of pictures in it.  Prepare to be heart-warmed. 

Today was the first snow day of the 2010-2011 school year.  We got lucky and had Daddy snowed in with us. 

Samuel slept until 9:00 this morning.  After he got up, he just hung out.  We did lots of reading and Sprout TV watching.


I managed to get a few loads of laundry done today.  With Samuel's help. 


Casey made a mini snowman when he went out to get the mail.  I stuck it in the freezer for Samuel to see.  Do you see that big bowl down there?  That was my first snow ice cream--EVER.  It was too fun!


While Samuel napped(for 3 hours!), I got all domestic feeling.  I made peanut butter cookies.  From scratch. 


When Samuel finally woke up, we headed out to play.  Samuel had so much fun! 

Snowball fight!!


He didn't really understand that the snowman was supposed to keep getting bigger. This was as tall as we could get it, before he'd kick it over. 


 See?

When all of our pants were soaked up to the calves, we headed inside.  We all changed into dry, comfy clothes and relaxed. 


Even Maddie. 


I'm flying! 


Well, hanging out in the bedroom got boring, so we headed into the game room, where Samuel tried to convince us to go back outside. 

He put on my scarf and his Daddy's coat and muck boots. 


We were able to distract him with bubbles.  He even got to blow some by himself. 


We had such a wonderful day!  Casey is going to have to go to work tomorrow, but Samuel and I got another snow day.  I feel some quality snuggle time coming on.

No comments: