Monday, January 24, 2011

He called me Mommy!

Since Samuel has been talking, he called Casey, Daddy.  He called me, Momma.  I love it! 

When I come to daycare to pick him up, he says, "Hi Momma!" and runs over to me.  If I am out somewhere and come home, he runs from the office or living room and says, "Hi Momma!"  If I look at him in the rearview mirror at him he'll always smile at me and say, "Hi Momma!"

But I must confess, I have always dreamed of being called Mommy.  I always refer to myself as Mommy when we talk about anything or I show him how to do things. 

Well, today when I got to Rockefeller, he was on the big red cart touring the building.  When he saw me, he yelled, "MOMMY!"  I nearly melted right there.  I'm sure Ms. Jahta thinks I'm nuts for having tears in my eyes over that. 

I've been testing him all evening to make sure it wasn't a fluke.  He's still saying it!  I wonder how long it will last?

No comments: