Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday

Today was such a fun day. 

Samuel and I started the morning at church celebrating the Resurrection of Jesus-Our Savior!  I cried almost all the way through the music service-singing about the sacrifice Jesus made and how it has set us free from our sins just stirs me.

I tried to get a decent picture of Samuel in his cute outfit today.  This was the best I got.  I am seriously going to have to invest in a good camera soon. He's just too fast for my sad little one. 


After we got home from church, Casey was home from the turkey woods, so we did Samuel's Easter Basket.  He had one from each grandparent, too.  As he gets older, I really hope to move Easter baskets to the background of what we focus on for this holiday. 




Casey and Samuel did some reading while I finished cooking lunch. 


We went traditional this year--Easter cheeseburgers.  :-)  This was the first time we've ever seen Samuel pick it up and eat it like this. He usually pulls the patty out and eats it separately. 


After naptime(for everyone) we went outside to do our Easter egg hunt.  My camera froze after just 2 pictures.  Luckily,  Casey grabbed the video camera, so we have some good footage on that. 

Everytime Samuel would spot a new egg, he'd get so excited!  It was too fun!


 We spent the rest of the afternoon playing ball in the backyard.




1 comment:

J said...

It looks like you all had a great Easter! Samuel's Easter outfit was so cute!